Christian Vander Velde
Senior Faculty Board
SALES & MARKETING, ADVISOR
Christian Vander Velde has more than 30 years experience in the European Medical Device Industry, having held positions in Research & Development, Strategic Planning, Sales Management, International Marketing and Market Access, with both multi-national companies (Boston Scientific, Cordis, Eli Lilly, Baxter) and start-up companies (Novoste and many Consulting clients).
Christian has developed a particular interest in developing cross-functional teams to develop global clinical programs that efficiently support safety, efficacy, and efficiency of innovative technologies, in a way that cost-effectively comply with the requirements of regulators, health technology assessment bodies, payers of healthcare services, clinicians and patients.
Summary of key achievements and competencies:
- Designed and executed successfully the launches of innovative technologies in the Medical Device Industry:
- Drug-eluting stent (Taxus™ Stent, Boston Scientific)
- Vascular brachytherapy (Novoste)
- Bare metal stent (Cordis)
- Shock Advisory System for defibrillation by non-physicians (Physio Control)
- Pulse oximetry (Physio Control)
- Pressure sensitive giving sets for intravenous fluid delivery (IVAC)
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Designed effective reimbursement strategies in most European Health Care Systems, through his understanding of funding and budgeting processes, payer billing procedures, Health Economic Outcome Research and Health Technology assessment.
- Developed effective and ethical marketing strategies based on sound clinical trial design and clinical data interpretation and dissemination.
- Established the achievable highest price of innovative medical technologies through value-based pricing, and developed the marketing materials to implement with both clinicians and non-clinicians.
- Designed and executed integrated market entry strategies across functions, building on extensive experience in the Medical Device Industry, with responsibilities in R&D, Business Development, Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, Funding & Reimbursement.
- Achieved success through the use of diversified multi-functional teams.